LETTUCE (Lactuca Sativa)
Lettuce is one of the most important salad crops grown as a leafy vegetable. It is usually grown in the winter months in cooler parts of India. It is found in many varieties and most of the varieties are eaten fresh and commonly served as the base of green salads.
- It is a rich source of Vitamins and Minerals.
- It consists of 1.36 g of Proteins.
- It contains 2.87 g of Carbohydrates.
- It helps in maintaining the health of Bones.
- It also works as an Immunity booster.
- It helps in Pregnancy as it is a rich source of Vitamin K.