CARROT (Daucus Carota Subsp. Sativa)
Carrot is a root vegetable most commonly observed as orange in color. Its plants require cool to moderate temperatures and are not grown in summer in the warmer regions. Carrots are used in salads and as relishes and are served cooked vegetables and in stews and soups.
- It is rich in Vitamins and minerals.
- It contains 6 g of Carbohydrates.
- It contains 2 g of Fiber.
- It can lower the risk of cancer.
- It can help in controlling diabetes.
- It can help in strengthening bones and muscles.