Fig is a unique fruit resembling Teardrop. It is mainly cultivated in warm climates. It is widely used as both fresh and dried, so it is called “the poor man’s food”. It is found in various varieties.
- It contains a significant amount of Magnesium, Copper, and Thiamine.
- It contains 8 g of Carbs.
- It contains 1 g of Fibre.
- It promotes digestive health.
- It helps in improving cardiovascular health.
- It helps in managing Blood Sugar Levels.
Poona – In the Poona variety of Fig, the seeds are hollow without any inner kernels and the embryo. It is also a high-yielding variety and very popular in fig-grown areas.